The highest longevity of Europe and one of the best in the world. A highlighted work/life balance recognized in the world rankings.
- Spain is appointed by expats as the 2nd country in Europe and the 5th in the world as one of the best places to live and create a home.
SOURCE: EXPAT INSIDER 2019
- In 2018, the GDP per capita was recorded at 35,041€, 36% over the Spanish rate and 4% over the Euro zone rate.
- The capital city holds the 3 wealthiest neighbourhoods and the 3 richest municipalities in Spain.
SOURCE: INE, 2018
- Health & Wellness: Universal health system available, regarded as one of the best in the world.
- Among the top ten most safe cities in Europe.
SOURCE: THE ECONOMIST, 2019
- European region with the higer life exptectancy (women 87,8 years and men 82,2 years).
SOURCE: EUROSTAT, 2018
- Worldwide reference integrated urban transport service: underground, light rail, trolley, bus and train.
SOURCES: COMUNIDAD DE MADRID, 2020; EL PAÍS, 2019
- Madrid’s underground network is 294 kilometres long and has 302 stations, being the third longest in Europe (after London and Moscow) and the nineth in the globe.
- Nerve centre of the national motorway network.
- Central core of AVE railway network, the third longest high-speed network of the world connecting 30 cities.
- Mediterranean climate which allows comfortable average temperatures throughout the year.
- Madrid is the fifth European city with more sunshine hours (2,769 per year).
SOURCE: CURRENT RESULTS, 2016
- Spanish is the third most spoken language in the world behind Mandarin Chinese and English.
- Around 470 million people speak Spanish as their native language. The number increases to 548 million people counting native command speakers, limited proficiency speakers and Spanish students.
- Spanish is the official and vehicle language in 21 countries. It is a compact language shared by many contiguous countries which gives the Spanish-speaking territory a high degree of communicability.
- It is the third most used language on the internet and second most frequent language in the two main Social Networks: Facebook & Twitter.
SOURCE: INSTITUTO CERVANTES, 2018
- Madrid is prepared to meet the expectations of a growing number of visitors. In 2019, 7.6 million tourists visited the city, an annual increase of 7%.
- Diversified hospitality industry consisting of 12,957 hotel establishments and more than 127,000 There are over 350 museums including the golden triangle of art Prado/Thyssen-Bornemisza/Reina Sofía, that welcomed more than 6 million visitors in 2019.
- Exquisite gastronomic offer comprised of more than 9,200 restaurants, 24 of them awarded with Michelin star/s.
- There are 3 Unesco designated World Heritage in the region: Alcalá de Henares, Aranjuez and El Escorial.
- Recognized Tree City of the Word by ONU, shelters 172 parks and gardens.